Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Baer Fabrics - R.I.P.

So sad. Baer Fabrics in Louisville, KY is closing their doors for good. They have been open forever and it's hard to believe that they are going out of business. Although it is a sad time for Kentuckiana textile and notion lovers, there is a sunny spot in the darkness called bankruptcy. SALES!!!!! With every week that they stay open, they discount their remaining goods even more! I went when everything was 60% off and scored some awesome stuff. I have been searching for the right fabric with which to sew some new throw pillows out of for the past several months. I found it in a bin of remnants at Baer's and I'm really excited about it. I wanted something botanical/floral but not something that looked like it belonged in one particular season (fall colors, etc.). This one suits me just fine and it was only about eight bucks. I also found some pink floral chintz that will make a nice upholstered seat for a tiny antique white iron chair that the previous owners left in our house. I plan on putting it in my new-and-improved craft room when it's all finished. I couldn't go wrong for two dollars a yard! I also found some cute reddish fabric to make new curtains for our downstairs family room (the one with the fireplace). In addition to Baer's, I also spent a small amount of money at Hobby Lobby, Hancock Fabrics & good ol' Wal-Mart. In honor of DIY Wednesday on one of most frequented blogs, design*sponge (thanks, Tara!), I plan on putting all of the stuff together tonight! I'll try to get some pictures posted very soon of the finished projects. Happy Wednesday everyone.

No comments: