Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cookies, acorn squash and paint swatches

It's official! I've picked a color for my craft room. I've been debating for a good while on what color to go with. The winning color is Antique Cameo (Behr paint from Home Depot). Hallelujah! It's a lovely pinky-peach and I'm very happy with it. I'll probably spend a good part of the evening stripping wall paper so we can get the new color on the walls.

I finished my Martha Stewart magazine today. At the end of each magazine is a "cookie of the month" recipe. I flipped to the end and discovered a recipe for Cowboy cookies. I read the ingredients and HAD to make them. They did not disappoint. Here's the recipe...
http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/cowboy-cookies?autonomy_kw=cowboy%20cookies&rsc=rf_result1



Here are the results! A sea of very tasty cookies. Dan approves. :o)

I'm also pleased to announce that my first acorn squash of the season is in the oven. I'm pretty stoked about it. It's the perfect fall side dish. Just cut one in half and place the two halves face down in a 9x13 glass baking dish with about a 1/2 inch of water. Bake at 350* for about 40-45 minutes. Flip over the halves and put a 1/2 tablespoon of butter in each half and some brown sugar to taste. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Scoop out of the rind and enjoy! If you're in the mood for something more savory than sweet, use salt and pepper instead of brown sugar. For those of you who have never tried acorn squash it's similar in taste to a sweet potato except more squashy (if that makes any sense). I hope you like it!

No comments: