Sunday, September 5, 2010

Dedication

I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.
1 Samuel 1:27-28a

Today was Silas' baby dedication at church. Dan and I have made the commitment to raise Silas according to the Lord's ways but it was really meaningful to make a public confession of it and have the support of our families and the congregation. It is so important to give everything to the Lord and Silas is certainly no exception! I need to read this scripture on a daily basis as a reminder that the Lord is in control and that we can trust Him above anyone else.
"Ahhhhhchoo!" Almost dedication time!
Silas and Grammie.
All of the families.
Family prayer.

Cake! I didn't get a picture of it before people started digging in but it was still pretty! Mom organized a really great pitch-in lunch for all of the families that participated in the dedication. We are about ready to dig into the leftovers right now!

No comments: