Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Donations and Chicken Burritos

My resolution for 2010 was to organize our home. The ENTIRE house. I plan on doing a little bit everyday so that by the end of the 2010 there will be "a place for everything and everything in its place." Dan and I recently tackled our clothes. What an undertaking that was! Dan was done in a couple of hours but mine stretched out over the course of several days. With taking care of Silas, cooking, general house cleaning, the occasional shower... I finally finished the job! I feel so liberated! I went through my clothes for winter, summer, maternity and everything in between. The result was a bit insane.

NINE bags! Eight of them were mine. And those are the forceflex bags too!


We were planning to take them to Goodwill but I decided to ask the local shelter for domestic abuse victims if they took donations. The women on the phone excitedly responded, "YES!" In fact, whatever they are unable to use they end up donating to Goodwill. Goodwill in turn weighs the donated items and gives the shelter in-store credit for the amount weighed! How awesome is that? The shelter is not in a top secret location or anything but they don't have their address and phone number listed in the phone book. If you would like to make a donation to the shelter (located in New Albany) let me know and I will pass along their contact info!


I had some leftover oven-roasted chicken and was in the mood for Mexican food. I shredded the chicken and simmered it with a can of ro*tel, a can of pinto beans, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and a little lemon juice.


It made for some really great burritos with some sour cream and shredded monterey jack cheese. I even went back for seconds. No beans for the surprised little dude below.

No comments: