Monday, June 28, 2010

Blueberry Morning


My mom and I have picked blueberries at Bryant's Blueberries in New Salisbury, Indiana for about 11 or 12 years now. We always eagerly await the first e-mail from Dale and Debbie Bryant, alerting all of their followers that the blueberry season is approaching. When we went last year, I was about 3 weeks away from my due date with Silas. I was DETERMINED to get blueberries though! I think I picked about 10 pounds. This year I didn't have all of the extra weight in my tummy but I still had a baby to think of. Silas spent my picking mornings hanging out with Papaw at the church in order to escape the hot, muggy weather. I picked a total of 11 pounds this year and might go back for more. Blueberries are, after all, one of my favorite things about summer.

No comments: